Friday, July 5, 2013

Abandoned Houses

I am not quite sure how or when it all started, but there is something that just rises to the surface when I take
a drive or walk and see an old abandoned house.   I see them everywhere - and I am drawn to them.  It is hard for me to just keep driving or walking.  If I could, I would go inside every one of them.

It makes me sad to see them in their abandoned state - where ivy and weeds have overgrown the side or front.  I try to imagine what family (or families) lived there and what their story was.  I sit and wonder why the property was left.  

One of my dreams is to reclaim an old abandoned house and bring it back to what it was intended to be/look like.  I search sites and blogs like http://www.historicproperties.com/results.asp and search tirelessly on listings of historical homes that need to be renovated.  I especially like when they are located in a small town that is packed full of history.  I would even love to maybe own my own "Dragonfly Inn" providing I have a "Sookie St.James" to run it with me.  

Below are a few links of pictures of abandoned houses and other sites.  What do you think / feel about abandoned buildings?  I'd love to hear your experiences/stories!  

Have a great fourth of July holiday weekend everyone!
~Joyce

Enjoy the shared links!








No comments:

Post a Comment